On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:33:02 f.h. Igor Tandetnik wrote:
> Well, SQLite doesn't. Basically, you want SQLite to maintain multiple
> not-yet-committed versions of the same record.

Well, yes, but it already does; you can rollback a savepoint.

If I could rollback a savepoint and then unrollback it after doing an commit,
that'd be the equivalent, if I could trick the paging module.

> I don't believe there's
> any way to get it to do that automatically - you'll have to come up with
> an explicit versioning scheme (like your idea of creating a temporary
> shadow database).

I'm trying that now, it involves temporary tables and views; but the
bookkeeping for it is looking to be increasingly difficult and it is also going
to make my own code unmaintainable.

I'm willing to pay the sqlite team to add this feature to a future of sqlite.

Charles

p.s. please excuse my Subject line.