On 17 May 2012, at 4:28pm, Rajesh Kumar <thisiz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Thanks for the reply. fsync() is related to system call, which is
> working fine. But I am looking for a C API that can do the commit thing,
> which is same as commit on command promt.

The COMMIT; on a command prompt does the same thing as executing 'COMMIT' as a
SQL call.  Just use _exec() to do a 'COMMIT' and you'll get the same results.
If the shell tool works because it uses COMMIT, then your own app will work
because it uses COMMIT too.

But what the other guys are saying is COMMIT depends on fsync() working, and
fsync() is broken on some platforms.  And if COMMIT can't depend on fsync()
then it can't do its job.

Simon.