  From: Richard Hipp
  To: phi...@blastbay.com ; General Discussion of SQLite Database
  Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 3:39 PM
  Subject: Re: [sqlite] Porter Stemmer

  On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Philip Bennefall <phi...@blastbay.com> wrote:

    I understand that, but let's say that I already have a virtual fts table
created that I set to use the Porter tokenizer, how then would I go about
rebuilding and retokenizing this table with the simple tokenizer at a later
time? Would I need to create an entirely new table? What I'm wondering is
basically how I might take an existing fts virtual table, change its tokenizer
and then rebuild the index?

  Yes.  You'll need to DROP or RENAME the original table, then CREATE the new
one.

    Kind regards,

    Philip Bennefall