On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Rick Maddy <rma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Didn't mean to imply that failing to check the return value resulted in
> memory corruption. I was wondering if it was possible that one of the many
> calls to sqlite3_bind_* in my code may actually be causing some memory
> corruption. I can envision some possible buffer overflows associated with
> those calls.

SQLite is written in such a way that no call to sqlite3_bind_* can
cause memory corruption per se. It can return error if you are trying
to bind wrong parameter and your app can corrupt memory if along with
call to sqlite3_bind_* it changes some internal structures. But calls
to sqlite3_* functions can cause corruption only if you try to work
with already closed connection or with already finalized statement.

Pavel