Hmm the documentation doesn't explain how I should proceed with an entity
object.

Is it enough to close the connection in the entity object and let the
framework open/close the connection for me?

    In constructor:
    MyEntities myEntities = new MyEntities(connectionString);

    In each thread:
    myEntities.Connection.Open();
    Do stuff, including transactions...
    myEntities.Connection.Close();

Or should I create/dispose whole entity objects instead (and the connection
with it)?

    In each thread:
    MyEntities myEntities = new MyEntities(connectionString);
    Do stuff, including transactions...
    myEntities.Dispose();

I guess the latter as it would probably get its own connection object, but I
am not quite sure here (ADO.NET might do connection sharing).

--
Bernhard