On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Kevin Benson <kevin.m.ben...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Hayes, Michael - IS <
> > michael.ha...@exelisinc.com> wrote:
> >

> > > The documentation says that the separator will be honored even inside
> of
> > > quotes.   ("The SQLite shell will always split fields on the separator
> > > character, no matter what comes before or after it. Quotes or
> backslashes
> > > won't escape them.).
> >

> > I'm not able to find this statement anywhere in the SQLite documentation.
> > Can you send a link?
> >
> > --
>

> He's quoted from the wiki:
>  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ImportingFiles

Yeah.  That wiki is really old.  Don't believe it....

The CVS import for the command-line shell treats " as a quoting
characters.  All content between "..." is considered to be part of a single
field of the CVS, even if that content includes newline characters.

I think it will work to escape your isolated " characters by replacing them
with four double-quotes in a row:  """"

> --
>    --
>       --