On Sep 13, 2012, at 10:24 PM, Igor Tandetnik <itandet...@mvps.org> wrote:

>> In other words, a select should only ever see what existed at the beginning
>> of the query, and that is that.
>
> Again, the concept of isolation level applies to transactions, not to
> individual queries.

Let me rephrase that, by paraphrasing some other DB doc [1]:

"statement-level read consistency. This guarantees that all the data returned
by a single query comes from a single point in time—the time that the query
began. Therefore, a query never sees dirty data or any of the changes made by
transactions that commit during query execution. As query execution proceeds,
only data committed before the query began is visible to the query. The query
does not see changes committed after statement execution begins."

So… SQLite always provide statement-level read consistency, yes?

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28318/consist.htm