On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Kees Nuyt <k.n...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> >I don't remember the exact path offhand, but fossil web ui has a URL that
> >return the requested checkin as a tarball, no need for a fossil client.
>
> True, but the name of the tarball/zip is not fixed but derived from the
> artefact ID.

The tarball/zip *can* be an artifact ID.  But it can also be a symbolic
name like "release" or "trunk" or "version-3.7.14.1".  Ex:

    http://www.sqlite.org/src/tarball/sqlite3.tar.gz?uuid=trunk

The link above will always return a tarball of the latest trunk check-in.
Change "trunk" to "release" and you will always get the latest release.
Change "trunk" to "tip" and you will always get the most recent check-in,
regardless of the branch.

> The list of releases can be fetched with this URL:
> http://www.sqlite.org/cgi/src/timeline?t=release
>
> The first link leads to the checkin of the most recent release, with
> tarball and zip hyperlinks.
>
> The html is not that hard to parse, the [CDATA[...]] blocks are handy.
>
> There may be easier ways though...
>
> --
> Groet, Cordialement, Pozdrawiam, Regards,
>
> Kees Nuyt

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org