From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] on
behalf of Jay A. Kreibich [j...@kreibi.ch]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:37 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: EXT :Re: [sqlite] Converting in-memory sqlite database to char array

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 02:05:02PM +0000, Black, Michael (IS) scratched on the
wall:
> And if you want to improve latency you can use fifo's on Unix or
> anonymous pipes on Windows and run a thread to send your data
> while it's writing since those methods are synchronous.

  I would not assume the backup API writes the file front to back,
  especially if the database is modified while the backup is taking
  place.

  A custom VFS that just "writes" the file to a big chunk of memory
  makes the most sense.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson