On 4 Dec 2012, at 10:42am, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> I get a lot of inquiries like this from windows users.  They get some kind
> of dialog box about an SQLite3.dll not being found or being out-of-date.
> It might be good to create a webpage of some sort to try to help them, but
> I don't know what to put on that webpage.  Does anybody have any
> suggestions?

The easiest way to start diagnosing this problem is to know exactly what the
dialog/message looks like.  Although all the messages are reported to you (and
I'm sure to many others) in an annoyingly vague form, the precise look and
phrasing of the message sometimes tells us that it's the one generated by
64-bit iTunes, or some other specific app with a specific cure.  So a page
which looks like this:

If your message looks like this:        The cure is this:

Screenshot 1                            Culprit app 1.  Cure procedure 1.
Screenshot 2                            Culprit app 2.  Cure procedure 2.
Screenshot 3                            Culprit app 3.  Cure procedure 3.

might be helpful.  Of course, persuading them to send you screenshots is tough.
 Perhaps readers of this list could help.

Simon.