joe.fis...@tanguaylab.com, Michael Black, Marc L. Allen, and Simon
Slavin, Our software architect defined data streakedness based upon
Chauvenet's criterion. Thank you for all of your help.

In statistical theory, *Chauvenet's criterion* (named for William
Chauvenet<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Chauvenet>
[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauvenet%27s_criterion#cite_note-1>) is
a means of assessing whether one piece of experimental data — an
outlier<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlier>— from a set of
observations, is likely to be spurious.

To apply Chauvenet's criterion, first calculate the
mean<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean>and standard
deviation <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation> of the observed
data. Based on how much the suspect datum differs from the mean, use the normal
distribution <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution> function
(or a table thereof) to determine the
probability<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability>that a given data
point will be at the value of the suspect data point.
Multiply this probability by the number of data points taken. If the result
is less than 0.5, the suspicious data point may be discarded, i.e., a
reading may be rejected if the probability of obtaining the particular
deviation from the mean is less than 1/(2*n*).