Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply!

On 14/3/2013 2:20 PM, Stephen Chrzanowski wrote:
If you're attempting to open a read only SQLite database, it seems as
though it will take that time to validate write permissions.

By "read only", I meant that the database is for reading only. It doesn't have a "read only attribute" set on the file system. Further, the open API is called with READ_ONLY specified as a parameter. I'll double check the file attributes on the disk.

I don't know what CEROD is.
CEROD is an SQLite extension from HWACI for "Compressed Encrypted Read-Only Database" - it encrypts and compresses the database after which it is much smaller and safe from prying eyes, but can only be read from, not written to. Our database is a database of reference information, so that works very well for our application.

In that thread, to which I was a part of, you'll notice
that when I changed just the basic file attribute to read only, even the
CLI paused for the 2 second period.  I've NEVER looked at, which inherently
means I've never traced into, SQLites code to validate what I've found.
But with my Delphi SQLite wrapper, and the SQLite CLI, I get the same
delayed results.

Thanks for the details. I'll double check the file attributes once to be sure, but since we're opening it with READ_ONLY flag specified in the API, I would expect that the problem may be elsewhere.

Best Regards,
Mohit.