http://www.sqlite.org/lang_expr.html#varparam

They are what are called Named Parameters.  You use the
sqlite3_bind_parameter_index to look up the index associated with a name ...

?nnn simply means to use index nnn for that parameter.  Subsequent bare ?
parameter indexes are incremented by 1 from the largest parameter index thus
far used.

Ie where a= ? and b = ? and c = ?1 and d=?

Has 3 parameters.  A and C use the same bind index and thus the same parameter.

---
()  ascii ribbon campaign against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org