On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 09:15:21PM +0200, Petite Abeille scratched on the wall:

> On Jun 5, 2013, at 9:10 PM, Philip Bennefall <phi...@blastbay.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, I have seen the backup API. But I would like to avoid the disk
> > file entirely and just serialize to and from memory.
>
> Lateral thinking? write your db to tmpfs?

  A few months back, wasn't there talk about a VFS that used a giant
  byte array, rather than a file?  If someone actually wrote one of
  those, you could use the Backup API to blast the DB into a big chunk
  of memory.

  If such a VFS does not actually exist, it shouldn't be all that hard
  to write, and might come in useful for this and other reasons.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson