On 26 Jun 2013, at 4:42pm, RSmith <rsm...@rsweb.co.za> wrote:

> Well you need to "buy" a $0.00 registration key, for which you need to fill
> in an inordinate amount of personal and contact information (just like buying
> other things online). The sort of event that promises Inbox spam aplenty and
> is too much hassle for most casual onlookers - but it does promise some sort
> of interoperability between SQLite and MySQL etc.
> (Haven't used it, so just mentioning what it claims).

Unlike many of you I have a job which pays me money.  I can afford to buy
stuff.  I would sooner just give someone five clams for something than give
them (tacit) permission to use my email address for anything at all.
Unfortunately, the systems that accept money from you tend to want your email
address too, so they can send you a receipt.  And that has stopped me from
buying stuff from some suppliers because again I’m unwilling to give them my
email address.

Simon.