Yes, it turned out that achieving the goal with C code is much simpler than
using SQL statements (I also take my limited sql knowledge into account)

Now, I'll have two sqlite3_exec() calls, one of which is invoked by first
call's callback function. This led having some natsy C structs around to pass
parameters to sqlite3_exec() calls, but I could not find any other approach.