Tristan,

Thanks. I must have done something wrong when I did the ./configure. I
didn't find a libsqlite.so, just a libsqlite.a . I'll take a deeper look at
the options I used.

I am getting this running on an obscure UNIX variant myself. From a Windows
/ UNIX / Linux perspective, it is a real weird one. It uses EBCDIC instead
of ASCII or UTF. It is IBM's z/OS (ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z/OS )
But there are a number of people in our small community who say they are
very interested. I was very lucky in the Dr. Hipp did 99.999% of the work
to support EBCDIC. I got one compile error which was simple to fix.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Tristan Van Berkom <trista...@openismus.com
> wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 08:11 -0500, John McKown wrote:
> > I know that sqlite is designed as an "embedded" SQL engine. But I am
> > curious if there is a specific reason to _not_ have a DLL/shared object.
> > The main reason I ask is that a DLL is required in order to create a
> sqlite
> > Java JDBC interface.
>
> I don't regularly post to this list, but I think you are somehow
> mistaken.
>
> On my linux system I certainly use a shared library and do not link
> statically to libsqlite, I clearly have:
>     /usr/lib/libsqlite.so.0.8.6
> installed on my system.
>
> I'm not aware of any policy/recommendation to use static linking
> with sqlite (so if it builds on windows, surely people do build dlls).
>
> Cheers,
>     -Tristan

As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown