On 31/8/2013 9:52 PM, dd wrote:
Thank you for your quick response.

I am looking for freeware. If freeware not available, I have to implement
encryption support for sqlite on winrt.

What is the procedure to implement encryption support on winrt?

Thanks,
dd

Many others have replied with the couple of other known alternatives. Frankly, I find this insistence on "freeware" a bit flawed unless you plan to open source the final solution and want something that offers you a license to do so. Assuming you get paid at least US$500 per month, I think you'll find that the solutions will be cheaper than actually implementing it yourself. I am confident that you'll spend at least 4 man months to convince management, search other alternatives, figure out how encryption works, design a solution that works within SQLite, create tools for building the encrypted database, create code for querying the encrypted database, test the solution works well for you and then document it for other devs to use. Instead of that, a US$2000 solution that is royalty free and can be used on any number of projects (as long as they are built at the same site IIRC), is a "steal".

On the other hand, maybe, your requirements are dead simple. What do you want as "encryption support"? Something that encrypts the full file, the content in some of the fields/ tables, or something that also supports querying such a database? I don't think that the last one is quite that straightforward. I would recommend you sit down someone from management and explain to them that what the cost tradeoffs are.

Best Regards,
Mohit.