On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Bullock, Tony <tony.bull...@probuild.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have a performance issue with SQLitejdbc with Java on Windows Mobile
> 6.5 running on a MC9190-G mobile computer.  I am using sqlitejdbc-v056.jar
> with the NSIcom CrE-ME 4.12 JVM.
>
>   Performance of the insert is very low.  I am getting about 1000 records
> added a minute.  Any ideas the on how to improve the performance would be
> appreciated.

On a workstation, with PRAGMA synchronous=OFF, you should be getting about
300,000 rows per *second*.  Performance on your mobile computer will be
less, of course, but it shouldn't be 18,000 times less.

Do you have any profiling tools available to see what it taking so long?

> [...]
>                 String desc = iResult.getString( "RIDESC" );
>                 String uom = iResult.getString( "RILSTU" );
>                 String dept = iResult.getString( "RIDEPT" );
>                 String mnf = iResult.getString( "RIMNF#" );
>
>                 String vendorItem = iResult.getString( "RIVITM" );
>                 int minQ = iResult.getInt( "RIMINQ" );
>                 int maxQ = iResult.getInt( "RIMAXQ" );
>                 String netItem = iResult.getString( "RINETI" );
>                 String subItemCode = iResult.getString( "RISBCD" );
>
>                 pStmt.setInt( 1, sku );
>                 pStmt.setLong( 2, upc );
>                 pStmt.setString(3, alt.trim() );
>                 pStmt.setString( 4, desc.replace( '\'', ' ').trim() );
>                 pStmt.setString( 5, uom );
>                 pStmt.setString( 6, dept );
>                 pStmt.setString( 7, mnf.replace(  '\'', ' ' ).trim() );
>                 pStmt.setString( 8, ckDigitUPCE ( Integer.toString( sku )
> ) );
>                 pStmt.setString( 9, vendorItem );
>                 pStmt.setInt( 10, minQ );
>                 pStmt.setInt( 11, maxQ );
>                 pStmt.setString( 12, netItem );
>                 pStmt.setString( 13, subItemCode );
>
>                 pStmt.addBatch();
>
>                 count++;
>
>                 if ( count % 1000 == 0 ) {
>                     System.out.println ( " 1000 records added to item
> table! (" + count + ")" );
>                 }
>
>                 if ( count % DB_COMMIT_COUNT == 0 ) {
>                     pStmt.executeBatch();
>                     System.out.println ( DB_COMMIT_COUNT + " records added
> to item table! (" + count + ")" );
>                 }
>
>             }
>
>             if ( count % DB_COMMIT_COUNT != 0 ) {
>                 pStmt.executeBatch();
>             }
>
>             System.out.println ( count + " records added to item table!");
>
>         }
>         catch ( SQLException e ) {
>             System.out.println ( e.getMessage() );
>         }
>         catch (Exception e ) {
>             System.out.println ( e.getMessage() );
>             e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>                              finally   {
>                                            try         {
>                 pStmt.close();
>                 iResult.close();
>                 iStmt.close();
>                                            }
>                                            catch (Exception e) {
>                 System.out.println("Close connection failed: " +
> e.getMessage());
>                                            }
>                              }
>
>         return ( success );
>
>     }
>
> }

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged
> material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or use
> by others is strictly prohibited. Any distribution or disclosure by or to
> others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
> error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the
> message and any file attachments from your computer.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org