Raheel Gupta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, I tried Valgrind and it shows no leaks.
> But why would this happen with 64K pages ? In 1024 Sqlite is able to
> release all the memory.
>
>>> It might also be that your memory allocator is holding onto freed memory
> rather than releasing it back to the OS.
>
> How should I free it ?

Most certainly the memory has been freed.  But that does not
mean that the OS will reduce memory usage of the process.

Valgrind memcheck already showed that there is no leak
as you said.  If you still think that memory is allocated, you
can use a heap profiler such as "valgrind --tool=massif" to
find where memory is allocated, and how much of it is
allocated.  See:

http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/ms-manual.html

There are other heap profilers, such as this one:
http://google-perftools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/heapprofile.html

Regards
Dominique