On 30 Oct 2013, at 2:32am, Normand Mongeau <nmong...@theobjects.com> wrote:

> Odd thing is that although I do have a 10 second timeout as soon as C goes
> into a begin transaction A receives the SQLITE_BUSY error, in other words I
> don't see any 10 second delay.
>
> I'll try increasing the timeout.

No need.  You've already run the test I was interested in by setting your high
10 second timeout.  What you report suggests that Igor is right: what you are
seeing is genuine deadlock, not just a temporary clash.

I assume you have already looked through your code to see if you can see any
obvious deadlock possibilities.

Are you doing SQLite API calls from C, or are you using a library or framework
to access your database ?

Simon.