On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Igor Tandetnik <i...@tandetnik.org> wrote:

> On 1/16/2014 5:21 AM, Rob Golsteijn wrote:
>
>> SELECT * FROM C
>>      LEFT JOIN A ON A.a*A.a + B.b*B.b = C.c*c.c
>>      LEFT JOIN B ON A.a*A.a + B.b*B.b = C.c*c.c;
>>

> I'm not sure how SQLite interprets this query. In any case, it doesn't
> make much sense. I suspect you are looking for something like this:
>
> SELECT * FROM A, B, C
> WHERE A.a*A.a + B.b*B.b = C.c*C.c;
>
> --
> Igor Tandetnik

The example did not include any rows with a NULL in them, but if that is a
possibility, the OP might want:

SELECT * FROM A,B,C
WHERE IFNULL(A.a*A*a,0)+IFNULL(B.b*B*b,0) = C.c*C.c;

So that a row such as A.a=NULL, B.b=1, and C.c=1 would be displayed.
Without the IFNULL, I think that NULL+1 would equal NULL, not 1. I don't
know if the OP wants this type of row or now. I would guess that he does
because I think that was his reason for trying a LEFT JOIN.

--
Wasn't there something about a PASCAL programmer knowing the value of
everything and the Wirth of nothing?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown