I was just going to suggest that John.  Short of hitting CTRL-C to break
out of the program, the user may have to "double-quit" if no file path has
been given to be saved to, just for confirmation.

> .q
!!Warning - In-Memory Database not saved.  Quit again to exit without saving
> .q
C:\Users\Default User> _

Or, use ".qq" to force quit and ignore the warning.