I've created a trivial repro project, which you can download here:
http://1drv.ms/N2D4gP

The exception raised when I send "VACUUM" as a sql statement is:
SQLite.SQLiteException occurred
  _HResult=-2146233088
  _message=SQL logic error or missing database
  HResult=-2146233088
  Message=SQL logic error or missing database
  Source=Dart.WinPhone8Lib
  StackTrace:
       at SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
  InnerException:

Thanks for any help you can offer!

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death