On 06/04/2014 05:06 PM, Rob Golsteijn wrote:
Hi List,

I noticed that the sqlite shell core dumps when it is started with an init file that ends with an incomplete statement.

Example:

Init file called "my_init.sql"  with the following contents:

     -- note that the line below is NOT a valid sqlite comment line, and hence
an incomplete sqlite statement

     #.headers on

sqlite3 -init my_init.sql my_db.sq3

Cannot reproduce here. Any special options when you built SQLite?

Do you have "valgrind" installed? If so, can you run this under it and post the output? Thanks.

Dan.

Result:

Error: incomplete SQL: #.headers on

*** glibc detected *** ...../bin/sqlite3: double free or corruption (fasttop):
0x00000000035ecf80 ***

Same thing happens when typing an incomplete sql statement in the shell and then press CTRL-D.

Sqlite version is 3.8.4.3.

Regards,

Rob Golsteijn