On 5 Jun 2014, at 1:16pm, Lasse Jansen <la...@lasselog.com> wrote:

> Thanks, spawning another process is a good idea.

If you're going to continue to use SQLite in your own code on a Mac I encourage
you to include the amalgamation files (.h and .c) rather than referring to a
dynamic library.  That way you can fix the version of SQLite your program uses,
and you don't have to try to figure out which directives SQLite was compiled
with.

My only tip for working with Core Data databases is that it can only be done
effectively if your Core Data application isn't running.  In other words make
sure that the two apps (the one which uses Core Data and the one which uses the
SQLite API) are not runniing at the same time.  I do not know of an effective
way of using both APIs in the same program.

Simon.