On 27/08/14 06:51, Mark Halegua wrote:
> I can do that in pysqlite, but I don't see
> a method for determining I'm at the end of the file

The best way of thinking about how SQLite works internally is that it does
the least amount of work to get you the next row of results.  That also
happens to reduce cpu and memory usage.  In general the only way to know
you've hit the end of results is to ask for the next row, and for SQLite to
do the work and then come back and say there aren't any.

In your specific case you can use count() to find the number of records in a
table, or in a general query.  However you will be better off structuring
your code so you don't need to know that information up front.

Roger