<manish.kukreti@...> writes:

> Hi,
> Below are the two issues I would like to report for SQLite .Net client.
> 1. SQLiteDataReader.GetString() method:
> The method fails with "Invalid cast exception" when you try to retrieve a
number stored in a text field.

> 2. SQLiteDataReader.GetValue performance in version 1.0.93:
> This method is considerably slower in this version. While benchmarking, the
fetch was about 7-8 times
> slower. First I thought it was the NGQP (since I upgraded from version 3.7
to 3.8.5), but while trying to
> break it down, it appeared the issue was with this fetch method.
>
> Thanks,
> Manish Kukreti

Platform: VS2010, .NET 4 target platform.

I've also noticed a drastic degradation in speed with this release over
1.0.86. We have a mobile device detection system which runs detections mostly
from cache, but also from an SQLite memory instance. A single-thread batch job
over 100,000 user-agents goes from average 130 seconds to over 250 with this
update, which is a horrific decrease in speed. It's a bad enough effect to
necessitate a downgrade.

Chris