On 17 Oct 2014, at 10:39am, Prakash Premkumar <prakash.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So the approach where we open the db with ":memory:" keyword does not
> provide durability .
> Only by increasing the cache size can we make db act as an inmemory db with
> durablity. That's the conclusion right ?

No.  The cache size has nothing to do with it.  If you explicitly tell SQLite
to open a database in memory then it will open a database in memory and not on
disk.  That is what the documentation says.

Can you explain to us why you are asking all these questions comparing SQLite
with other things ?  You don't seem to know the subjects will enough to ask
useful questions and the answers don't seem to get you any advantage.

Simon.