On 25 Oct 2014, at 7:16pm, Ali Jawad <alijaw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Simon, the create process is a one off. As for the table name I did
> use this approach as to not accumulate too much data in one table and
> instead split the data in multiple tables. From a design POV  in sqlite is
> this a mistake. And will the pragma for php eliminate locks ?

You should definitely execute the PRAGMA as a separate command, not as part of
your SELECT command.

I do not know for sure that, done as above, it will fix your lock.  I'm not
sure why you are getting the locks.  But it is the next step for you to try,
and if it doesn't fix them it will provide good diagnostic information.

Simon.