I get the following results for the second select:

a (lowercase!!!)

Are you sure you ran the exact query stated?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: James K. Lowden [mailto:jklow...@schemamania.org]
Gesendet: Samstag, 08. November 2014 01:52
An: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] Does using e.g. LTRIM function remove collation?

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 17:02:26 -0500
Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> > sqlite> INSERT INTO test VALUES ('b'), ('A'), ('B'), ('a'); SELECT *
> > sqlite> FROM test;
> > sqlite> SELECT * FROM test WHERE LTRIM(col)<'b';
> Works as designed.  See
> https://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html#collation and in particular the
> three rules under section 6.1.

Aren't you overlooking the fact that the WHERE clause is changing not only
which rows are selected, but the *values* of those rows?

I don't understand how any WHERE clause can convert 'a' to 'A' in the database.
 I'm unable to find any suggestion of such in the collation documentation.

--jkl

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: h...@scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.