Daniel Polski wrote:
> this maybe has to do with me using WAL mode, and that the update is
> not yet "processed enough" for the other threads to fetch the new
> data (so they still selects the old data), even though the trigger is
> set to fire "after update". Is this maybe the case?

Yes; other connections read the old data as long as the transaction has
not yet committed.

> If so, any suggestions how to solve it?

SQLite has not callback that runs after a commit has completed (it has
a commit hook, but it's too early).

Either
- fire the callback from your own code after the commit, or
- in the reading thread, execute BEGIN IMMEDIATE, which will not succeed
  until the writing transaction has finished.

Regards,
Clemens