On 2014/12/03 13:00, Jonathan Moules wrote:
Hi,
Just a quick request/suggestion.

Currently SQLITE_BUSY events return an error of "Database is locked". Is it possible to
change this to "Database is busy" or something similar?
I ask because when someone then goes googling for "SQLite database locked",
they'll end up thinking they're hitting the SQLITE_LOCKED event which as best I can tell
is very different to the SQLITE_BUSY event.
I'm sure I can't be the only person who has been tripped up by that one.

I see your point, but is it not in principle the exact same thing? How is it "very different"? i.e. - Why else would a DB be "Locked" other than being explicitly busy? Or, why else would it be "Busy" other than being specifically locked?

Is there an event for which the DB can be "Locked" but not necessarily because it is busy? If so I would like to second this request, but I am unaware currently that the case exists.

(Would the case where a DB was opened exclusively by another connection return
a different error?  I have not checked this yet).