On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Stephan Beal <sgb...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Scott Robison <sc...@casaderobison.com>
> wrote:
>
> > standards have all been ISO standards. Pedantic? Yes. Obviously DRH is
> > willing to make the code more portable as long as it doesn't violate
> > ANSI-C, hence his patch early in the thread (see
> > https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/0d04f380e1bd17104b3cf76b64d0cfc79a726606
> ).
> >

> Just to harmlessly nitpick: sqlite (necessarily) uses long long for int64,
> which isn't strictly C89: but works on essentially every compiler.

Fair enough, though I think the selection of long long is wrapped up in
conditionals, isn't it? Conditional blocks are there for this purpose! :)

{checks} Yes:

#ifdef SQLITE_INT64_TYPE

  typedef SQLITE_INT64_TYPE sqlite_int64;

  typedef unsigned SQLITE_INT64_TYPE sqlite_uint64;

#elif defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__BORLANDC__)

  typedef __int64 sqlite_int64;

  typedef unsigned __int64 sqlite_uint64;

#else

  typedef long long int sqlite_int64;

  typedef unsigned long long int sqlite_uint64;

#endif

typedef sqlite_int64 sqlite3_int64;

typedef sqlite_uint64 sqlite3_uint64;

It only falls to long long if nothing better has been provided or found.

--
Scott Robison