On 24 Dec 2014, at 6:39pm, Jim Carroll <j...@carroll.com> wrote:

> I actually tried this same idea yesterday, but it made no difference. Even
> manually creating cursors and executing all statements through them yielded
> the exact same problem.
>
> For simplicity, I kept the code sample short, but I've tried dozens of
> different ideas over the last two days to get to the bottom of this.

Dammit;  I had high hopes I'd solved it.

> I even
> spent time studying the _sqlite.c code base
> https://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/Modules/_sqlite/ to see if I
> could track the source of the problem -- but I'm coming up blank.
>
> I was getting hung up with trying to understand whether or not the concept
> being attempted was valid sqlite. The comments I hearing is that from the
> sqlite perspective, the concept SHOULD work, but that there may in fact be
> some sort of bug/feature in the pysqlite connector code?

I feel that RSmith's post shows that the fault is not in SQLite itself.  I
suspect it's in the Python library but I don't know nearly enough Python to be
able to tell for real.  Could you try the same thing using this python library

<http://rogerbinns.github.io/apsw/>
<http://rogerbinns.github.io/apsw/download.html#source-and-binaries>

instead ?

Simon.