On 6 Jan 2015, at 9:47am, Swithun Crowe <swit...@swithun.servebeer.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> L> I know what this error/warning is. I *DO* error handling in my code. I
> L> just don't want the message printed on the webpage.
>
> You can configure PHP to log error messages, rather than display them.

Just to explain to non-PHP users: PHP wasn't really designed for the purposes
we put it to these days and sometimes its roots show.  In default configuration
PHP /always/ generates error messages if many built-in functions get them, even
if your code traps the error and handles it.  One suppresses the error message
using the '@' sign as Stephan described.

For the original poster: standard lines at the top of all PHP files ...

<?php
    error_reporting(E_ALL);
    ini_set('display_errors', '1');
    ini_set('log_errors', '1');

Those are the values I use while I'm writing new PHP code.  They ensure that
all errors are spat out in many places so I can see them and debug them.  When
I switch that program to production, I change the parameters to suppress most
errors.

Simon.