No, it does not.  Using SQLite covers Virtual Tables in great detail, but not
VFS systems.  They’re somewhat unusual, after all.

I assume you’ve read the VFS docs: http://www.sqlite.org/vfs.html

>From there, my suggestion is to look closely at the code for the VFS structure
>(http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/vfs.html) and the IO Methods structure
>(http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/io_methods.html).  Both those structs contain a
>bunch of function pointers for which you need to provide code.

 -j

On Feb 10, 2015, at 10:31 AM, Stephan Beal <sgb...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Janke, Julian <julian.ja...@capgemini.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So my question is, if there is any additional information,  how to write a
>> VFS?
>> Or does anyone have a clue how to start best?
>>

> This book:
>
> http://www.amazon.de/Using-SQLite-Jay-Kreibich-ebook/dp/B008IGK5QM/
>
> resp.
>
> http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596521196.do
>
> covers VFS creation in detail with a step-by-step example.
>
> --
> ----- stephan beal
> http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/
> http://gplus.to/sgbeal
> "Freedom is sloppy. But since tyranny's the only guaranteed byproduct of
> those who insist on a perfect world, freedom will have to do." -- Bigby Wolf

Jay A. Kreibich < J A Y @ K R E I B I.C H >

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it, but showing
it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them feel uncomfortable." --
Angela Johnson