On 11 Feb 2015, at 2:59am, Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com> wrote:

>> 1) Keep it on the boot volume, not a network or external drive.
>
>> The following things will make your journal less safe:
>
>> 1) PRAGMA data_store_directory to anywhere other than the boot volume
>
> I presume you mean "local filesystem" not "boot volume".

Both are true.  My logic is that if the boot volume stops working (or somehow
gets unmounted) then the computer is going to stop working anyway.  Whereas
another volume on the same disk might somehow get dismounted and that wouldn't
stop the computer from working.

But I suspect that the OP doesn't care about this.

Simon.