http://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/artifact/9a65aebbcf2379f3

Hmm, yes, I think that this is the issue. Need to have handling of the
:cerod:pwd: tag  near

 if (!fullUri)
      {
        if (isMemory)
          fileName = MemoryFileName;
        else
        {
#if PLATFORM_COMPACTFRAMEWORK
          if (fileName.StartsWith("./") || fileName.StartsWith(".\\"))
            fileName =
Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCallingAssembly().GetName().CodeBase)
+ fileName.Substring(1);
#endif
          bool toFullPath = SQLiteConvert.ToBoolean(FindKey(opts,
"ToFullPath", DefaultToFullPath.ToString()));
          fileName = ExpandFileName(fileName, toFullPath);
        }
      }

Maybe I can temporarily shunt it using "toFullPath".