mherger wrote:
> > I've tried to understand ..../ResultSet/contributor.pm, and the
>
> That's outdated code, never called in LMS itself. It could probably be
> removed...
>
> The code we're using nowadays is in Slim/Control/Queries.pm ->
> artistsQuery(). But that's even more convoluted to cover even more use
> cases :-).
>
> You could run LMS with the database.sql flag set to see most SQL
> queries. Then when firing up the web UI (or somewhere around the
> startup) you might see several "... totals query..." lines. But wth? The
>
> one for contributors is missing... I've just added it for you. Please
> make sure you get the latest code.
>
> Here's what it _could_ be logging:
>
> SELECT contributors.id, contributors.name, contributors.namesort FROM
> contributors JOIN contributor_album ON contributor_album.contributor =
> contributors.id WHERE (contributor_album.role IN (5,1,4,2,3,6) )
>
> ....where the numeric album roles (1-6 in this case) represent the roles
>
> you've chosen to be included as artists. I say _could_ be logging,
> because it also depends on your VA settings etc.
>
> And from Slim::Schema::Contributors you can learn this:
>       'ARTIST'      => 1,
>       'COMPOSER'    => 2,
>       'CONDUCTOR'   => 3,
>       'BAND'        => 4,
>       'ALBUMARTIST' => 5,
>       'TRACKARTIST' => 6,
>
> Good luck with your educated guessing :-)
>
> --
>
> Michael
OK - Thanks - I'll install the latest in a while.

I know the 6 roles and have used them in my own database development
from the LMS data (I have none at all for role 0 - I never did quite
understand the logic of TRACKARTIST vs ARTIST - but no matter).  I can
see that the code is complex.  I'll try to make some sense of it and see
if I can spot any issues.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to 405/2 amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 15.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.