so today I stopped the LMS server, then started it, and I am still
getting all these errors and I do not have the MAI or the Music Info
plugin from Erland running.  The below errors switch between the two
below many times:

[16-05-17 11:28:16.5994] Slim::Utils::Strings::string (517) Error:
missing string PLUGIN_MUSICARTISTINFO_ARTISTPHOTO_PROGRESS

As I said you get these messages because you DO NOT have the plugin installed. LMS is trying to display scan progress information from your latest scan which was run with MAI installed. But it fails to localize that information lack of the plugin.

Re-run a scan WITHOUT the plugin and those messages will be gone.

--

Michael