pinkdot wrote:
> You could change some settings in My Music. Take a look at
> 'Compilations' and the filter on contributor role. See if that does the
> trick for you.

Thank you but I'm quite happy with the fact that compilations get listed
as such. Only when there is no compilation for files under Artists //
Various Artists // grouping of all the rest of these files into one
single compilation takes place.
It is not necessarily singles. I have a lot of files which I just happen
to have like that, I don't know where from etc. and these are not
singles, presumably they're taken from an album but I don't know which.
The problem might be with the fact that not all these files have Album
Artist but I am used to programmes that just use Artist in this case.

Windows 8.1.1
Nokia Lumia running Windows Phone 8.1 and Soundicity
DSM 5.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) running LMS 7.9
RPI with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer