I've fought a bit with this so I thought I might as well make a post of
it.

I run debian testing on my server which often brings the latest and
greatest stuff. Sometimes stuff breaks. A few days ago debian testing
got perl 5.24 and from what I can tell LMS isn't there yet. This isn't
the first time LMS stopped working from a system upgrade so I got the
bright idea of running it in a container. I tried a few ready made
containers and they all seemed to work, except for the spotify helper
app. Fast-forward a few hours: The spotify app doesn't seem to like NATs
very much. Dockers "bridge" networking is a NAT.

With docker 1.12 there is a new macvlan network type that works.

Instructions and image at:
<post below?>