Hi mherger,

Thanks for trying to help.

mherger wrote:
> Hi Bobsq,
>
> > The LMS cache is often corrupted, and I need to clean it regularly.
>
> I think  it would be good to know what you consider corrupted. If there
>
> was such a problem, we should try to address this first. What does your
>
> scanner.log or server.log say?

I have been testing regularly new rips lately, adding files, re
scanning, listening, erasing and re-scanning if I don't like them.
Sometime, I use instead the drag and drop feature to listen without
re-scanning.

After a few iterations this way, LMS crashes. Making a clear library
scan may help in theses cases, but I might get then an unexpected crash
even when no player is running after.

Emptying the cash directory always fixes the problem. First I stop LMS
from the control panel, clean the cache, restart from the panel, and all
works fine then... until I repeat the process of testing numerous new
rips.

Doing that manually became tedious, so I was looking to automate it.

At first I was making a negligent misspelling of SQUEEZ~3.EXE, but once
I noticed it killing became easy. Then I had the problem of having a
persistent new Window, but I solved it also using the SW_HIDE flag with
a C++ program using CreateProcess to start the server.

I'm using LogitechMediaServer-7.9.0-1477086729.

I made a post about that already:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106571-Server-keeps-crashing

You very kindly tried to help, but cleaning the cache was how we ended.

> It depends on the way you're running it, really. Just killing the task
> is a bit rough - and might indeed cause database corruption!

I agree 100% I do it only when the cache is already corrupted, and I
have to erase it anyway.

I'm starting clean again, erasing the cache and all the logs. Next time
I have a crash, I'll post here the LMS and the scanner log, maybe we can
figure it out then?

Thanks again for your time!