d6jg wrote:
> Glad you got there in the end.
> I presume the 2 x Touch are connected to the old router SSID and the LMS
> server is hard wired to the new one (and has a reserved IP) as we
> discussed.
> Networking is really easy when you know what you are doing :)

Yes, no and yes.  The LMS server is wired to the old router.  Seems to
work though.  If a problem develops, it's easy to change (although right
now I don't have a spare Ethernet connection on my new router).

reinholdk wrote:
> Still curious:
> >   >   >
  - why does the new router allow the Touches (which are connected to
  > the old router, I assume) to load the music faster?

  - it would be interesting to know (maybe not for you?) what setting
  > prevented the Touches connect reliably to the new router by WiFi.
  > > >
> Anyway, glad that it works for you now.

Surprised by the speed, myself.  As to the second question, I played
with every setting I thought could be relevant (and posted my
experiences here).  I doubt I will ever know (unless one of the geniuses
on the Board picks up on something).