Apesbrain wrote:
> Can you please explain what it is you want the CUSTOM-CONVERT.CONF to do
> and why?

I have several media players in my home (Sonos, PI3 - Moode Player,
Android Settop boxes - BubbleUPnP).  They all communicate with LMS using
UPnP bridge plugin.  Each player has some unique features which allow
some formats to work, some not so much.  One thing I have noticed is
that if the audio files are converted to PCM format, things like gapless
playback, replay gain, etc.. function properly.  Because my network is
quite robust and the LMS server is pretty powerful, I have setup LMS to
stream to the players only in PCM format and the server transcodes all
files to this format PCM at 44.1kHz, 16 bit regardless of format MP3,
FLAC, ALAC, etc.. .

I have managed to use make this work with all formats except FLAC high
sampling rate files like 88.2 and 96 kHz files at 24 or 32 bit.  Many of
my players do not support the high res FLAC format (Sonos in
particular)

I realize I can transcode the highres files I have to flac 44.1/24
format offline and save them but I was hoping to setup a
custom-convert.conf file to do this automatically on demand.

Again any assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Ynot.