marcoc1712 wrote:
> LMS when producing pcm in output ALWAYS reports to clients the
> samplerate of the original file.  BUG or feature by design I don't know,
> but it's like that.

By design, either because of some oversight, or just not seeing the need
for converting to formats other than what players are known to handle.

LMS has no way of knowing that you're going to create a custom convert
rule that resamples the audio. It would have to read and parse the rule
to know the new sampling rate, and then report that to the player (which
might not be too difficult, as long as you used the 'D:{RESAMPLE=___}'
convention). But there would also be a need to implement a capability
for discovering and substituting a new sample size, as that may also
change.