streifenleopard wrote:
> Thanks,
> I managed to sort most of my files. However, there is quite a number
> that has not yet been eliminated from the compilation entry in the menu.
> It seems to me that LMS may not purge the compilations from its
> registry?
> Also I wonder if it has something to do with the file type and if
> .ogg-files are subject to the same tags?
> In addition I thought that a value of 1 in "compilation" might make the
> files display as one compilation regardless of them being in different
> folders but maybe this is not the case?

I don't have any OGG files, but as far as I know that doesn't change
anything. I think if the album name is exactly the same, the ALBUM
ARTIST is either blank or exactly the same, and the Compilation tag is
set to 1, the entire album should show as a single compilation album,
even if tracks in different directories. But I'm not 100% sure as I
don't have any albums that are spread across directories. But you can
test this.

As dasmueller notes, you should do a "clear and rescan" in LMS after you
change the tags so that LMS picks up all these changes. "Check for new
and changed" doesn't always pick up tag changes.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify