Hi
I am running LMS version 7.8.1 on a Duet (Sun Sparc). I had tried
version 7.9.0 but hated it, especially the way it indexes participants
on other peoples albums as artists in their own right. But this post
isn't about that, it's about 7.8.1.

A weird database corruption happened with Joni Mitchell's 'Blue' album.
It has 8 tracks, lets say for simplicicity that the track titles are
'Track 1' to 'Track 8'. Instead of listing like this:
Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
Track 4
Track 5
Track 6
Track 7
Track 8

it started listing like this:
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2
Track 3
(and so on - listing each track 8 times each).
Absolutely no amount of clearing the cach changed anything. So I tried
an experiment and moved the album to a new folder, not called 'Joni
Mitchell' like the original, but just called 'Joni'. I left all her
other albums under 'Joni Mitchell'. It didn't change the problem,
however, when I reverted the folder to it's original location, it now
also lists the non-existent 'Joni' as well as the original problem.

So I uninstalled EVERYTHING possible - I ran the Clean Up on the databse
from Frontview, then I deleted the LMS, ran the cleaner code (which I
believe now no longer works as it cleans MySQL but apparently LMS now
uses SQLlite - nice the tools are never updated. Then I reinstalled LMS,
rescanned everything, and of course that changed exactly nothing. I have
zero knowledge of Linux or whatever the NAS is running but I think I
need a way to totally wipe the SQLite and get the LMS to repopulate it
afresh. Can any kind and competent person help me through this tricky
step please?    Any nice GUI tools, if they exist, would be a God-send
too. Whatever helps, really. Thank you!

Frank

Rocketman

-Rocketman, Rocketman2- and now -Rocketman3- too.
[N.B. the forum doesn't recognises my old passwords nor sends me a reset
so I have to create new accounts periodically]