Hi Everyone:

I have an iMac running Sierra with the latest nightly build of LMS 7.9.
I have a USB 3 external hard drive connected to the iMac that I have a
copy of my "iTunes Media" stored folder on.  I have, I believe, properly
configured all the settings in LMS v. 7.9 but I find that when I go into
the page tabbed "Advanced" and then click on the "Advanced Settings" box
I have difficulty in the next window with the the "Basic Settings"
setup.  When I browse to select the location of the "Media Folder" and
the "Playlists Folder" my external hard drive is listed under "Volumes"
in the hierarchical list.  I double click on "Volumes" in the list and
the external hard drive appears in the drop down below Volumes, but when
I then double click on the external drive the contents (iTunes Media
folder)  is not accessible.  Further, up in the line for the location of
the Media Folder, next to the Browse button, it will only display
"/Volumes/", Not the name of the external drive.  This all holds true
for the "Playlists Folder" browsing and external drive selection too;
it will only list "/Volumes/" as the location of the folder.  So, when I
use those those settings it allows I'm not able to scan and stream any
music.  Oh, and in my iTunes app on the iMac I have in Preferences
correctly listed the external drive location of the iTunes Media
folder.

Anyone have suggestions for what I'm doing wrong and/or should do
differently?  The whole purpose of this exercise was to eliminate the
load on the iMac's internal hard drive during my hours of streaming
music.

23532

Thank you for any help.

davew002

|Filename: Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.52.37 AM.jpg                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23532|